Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, racial violence against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) has increased — we even saw a series of murders in Atlanta this week. We invite you to support AAPI communities through social good by shining a light on nonprofits fighting for justice in this space.
As a minority-run business here at DailyKarma, we take discrimination seriously and have zero tolerance for racism. We call on you to join us in speaking out against racial violence and in support of the AAPI community.
We invite and encourage you to highlight one or more AAPI nonprofits and donate to them or invite your customers to make a contribution to them when they shop at your store.
The more people we educate on these crimes, systemic racism, and how to support our AAPI families, friends, and neighbors, the bigger the difference we can make in healing violence and spreading peace.
Support AAPI Communities Through Social Good
Please consider supporting these organizations actively working to protect and defend the AAPI community:
- Asian Pacific Policy and Planning Council (A3PCON): A3PCON is a coalition that advocates for the rights and needs of the Asian and Pacific Islander American Community in the greater Los Angeles area in California.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice – AAJC Inc.: This organization is fighting for civil rights and empowering Asian Americans to create a more just America for all.
- Asian Pacific Environmental Network (APEN): APEN is building power and resilience in working-class Asian immigrant and refugee communities during this crisis and always.
- Chinese for Affirmative Action (CAA): CAA advocates for systemic change that protects immigrant rights, promotes language diversity, and remedies racial and social injustice.
- Hate Is A Virus: This is a nonprofit community of mobilizers and amplifiers that exists to dismantle racism and hate.
- Heart of Dinner: Heart of Dinner exists to combat food insecurity and isolation within NYC’s elderly Asian American community. They deliver care packages of hot lunches and fresh produce every Wednesday, lovingly paired with a handwritten and illustrated letter in Chinese or Korean.
- Asian American Psychological Association (AAPA): This organization is advancing the mental health and well-being of Asian American communities through research, practice, education and policy.
- Stop AAPI Hate: The center tracks and responds to incidents of hate, violence, harassment, discrimination, shunning, and child bullying against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States. Their approach recognizes that in order to effectively address anti-Asian racism, they must also work to end all forms of structural racism leveled at Black, Indigenous, and other communities of color.
- Asian Americans for Equality: Through community development, AAFE advances racial, social, and economic justice for Asian Americans and other systematically disadvantaged communities, guided by our experiences as Asian Americans and our commitment to civil rights.
- Act to Change: An organization working to address bullying, including in the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community.
Have other related organizations you’d like to support? Wonderful! Please go ahead and request them through your Shop for Good dashboard and we’ll do our best to add them to our system within 24 hours.
Ready to take a stand for social good? Launch your cause marketing campaign to support AAPI communities and make a difference today.