CASE STUDY • BIOSSANCE
Biossance blows customer contributions (+ impact) out of the water
Total customer contributions
Raised for charity
Thoughtful skincare brand Biossance launched its first-ever cause marketing initiative with Shop for Good, running both an evergreen campaign at checkout and time-sensitive giving efforts for special ocassions.
Giving back to its nonprofit partner of choice, Oceana, is integral to the values of Biossance. Consequently, the brand opted to invite customers to give back year-round through Custom Round-Up at checkout.
Additionally, at specific times (such as Giving Tuesday), Biossance also chose to put its money where its mouth is and donate a hefty portion of proceeds to Oceana or to benefit Covid-19 relief efforts.
- Custom Round-Up ran at checkout throughout the year, allowing customers to partake in the brand's mission with every purchase.
- Over 40,000 shoppers were happy to partake in helping keep oceans healthy and abundant by donating to Oceana.
- The Portion of Sales widget on product pages announced Biossance's own gifts to the cause and signaled to shoppers that when they bought a specific product, part of their money was going to protect the oceans or to benefit Covid-19 relief efforts.
- The brand was also mindful to educate and inspire its audience through the consistent promotion of its give-back campaigns on their website (including on the Home page), across their social media platforms, and beyond.
- The result? Over $250,000 in donations raised for world-changing causes!
Founded in 2001, Oceana is the largest international group focused solely on ocean conservation.
Direct Relief provides medical assistance to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty and disaster.
Ready to stand out through generosity?
Sign up for a free demo