CASE STUDY • RARE BEAUTY
Rare Beauty reinforces its brand mission with Shop for Good
Engagement rate when running Donate for Discount
Rise in AOV
of customers have continued to donate without an incentive
Selena Gomez's feel-good makeup brand Rare Beauty leveraged two give-back campaigns to raise funds for its foundation, The Rare Impact Fund. The brand's goal is to help give people access to mental health services.
Using Donate for Discount and then Round-Up with Custom Donations, Rare Beauty supported its brand mission, raised money for a wonderful cause, and dramatically increased AOV and engagement.
Rare Beauty stays true to its mission of supporting the mental health of its community, employees, and partners with everything it does. When it invited its audience to participate over the holidays, the response was overwhelmingly positive.
Using Shop for Good's campaigns, the brand was able to galvanize customers to donate more and shop more -- first, through Donate for Discount by offering shoppers 10% off when they donated $5, and then, by allowing shoppers to donate at checkout through Round-Up with Custom Donations.
- Rare Beauty ran a fully custom Donate for Discount campaign, fully integrated and custom-designed for the brand by Shop for Good.
- Donate for Discount ran between Thanksgiving and Giving Tuesday 2020, raising AOV by 34% and showing that 35.5% of all shoppers eagerly donated during the holidays.
- After the promotion, Rare Beauty invited customers to continue making a difference for mental health by donating at checkout through Round-Up with Custom Donations.
- More than 17% of customers have continued to donate at checkout without an incentive, proving their commitment to Rare Beauty's mission.
- Additionally, the brand experienced an AOV rise of 14.63% for orders including a Round-Up donation during Spring 2021.
The Rare Impact Fund was launched as part of Rare Impact with the goal of raising $100M over the next 10 years to help give people access to mental health services.
"In a market where everyone was being promotional, our incentive stood out because it also supported our brand mission.
Bernice Merlini, Vice President E-Commerce & Digital Marketing, Rare Beauty
Ready to Give Back?
Sign up for a free demo